World Around Me (WAM) is a local discovery app (on Android & iOS) that helps tourists to search for places to eat, drink, shop, stay, commute, pray, refuel, keep healthy or access money anywhere in the world. It helps people visually orient towards a place by using their phone camera with augmented reality.
– Available in 26 languages in 200+ countries with over 1.2 million users.
– Editor’s Choice app on Google Play – very few apps globally have this recognition.
– One of Best apps of 2017 Google Play
– Winner Google Play Early Adopter award 2016 for intuitive Augmented Reality discovery experience among 4.6 millions apps globally. Award ceremony was at Google HQ in Silicon Valley.
– Presently featured on Samsung Galaxy Store, Huawei App Gallery & Google Play Store worldwide.
– Best apps of 2018 on Huawei App Gallery.
– Permanently featured on Google’s “Evergreen Collection” promoted to 300 million Android Go users in 2019-20.
– Content partnership with TripAdvisor.
WAM Tourism platform enables tourism organisations to promote local events & heritage locations (with audio/video storytelling) in augmented reality to tourists using WAM app within a specified region. It is being used by local authorities in UK and EU.
e are looking to participate in global discussions about tourism and are keen to contribute towards building resilience in the sector, by learning more about challenges of specific stakeholders and co-creating value together by identifying and perhaps developing solutions.